[Nfb-krafters-korner] Machine knitting

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Tue Sep 27 16:31:44 UTC 2016

Machine knitting will have you screaming into the night. So no not a good introduction into crafting. I started off with big needles and learned to knit. But when introduced to crochet, I fell in love. One needle was easier for my small hands to handle.

So start with something that you won't have to invest hundreds of dollars. Figure out what you want to make, i.e. scarves, hats, baby stuff. Then go touch some knitted items and some crochet items and see what peaks your interest. Looming might be a good idea if holding two knitting needles is hard for you, plus having the weight of the yarn falling off the needles. So think about looming. Can you follow verbal instructions? Do you have good hand dexterity and good fine motor skills?  Can you follow a recipe and do the steps for example

Becky trying to help refine your choices