[Nfb-krafters-korner] staging a revolt

Naima Leigh nleigh2016 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:59:09 UTC 2016

Yes please! my family isn't too keen on me making things because of my
blindness and how I do things differently then them.

When I bake I use my hands to find the cookie sheet and get messy. I love
that part, but my mom thinks that's nasty and tells me she doesn't want any
of the cookies or other baked goods because of that.

I also was taught in a small cooking group to feel when you are mixing to
make sure you have got all of the mix and to feel after you cracked an egg
to make sure you haven't got any egg shell in the bowl. What's rong with
that? I have got to eat too. What's rong with sighted people?

The microwave and George Forman grill are my essentials and I can't cook
without them. But I need sighted assistance with baking since I'm not to
thrilled about open flames or extremely hot things like that.

Naima