[Nfb-krafters-korner] OTQuestion for Naima

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Thu Sep 29 13:54:20 UTC 2016

Naima,

You write and express yourself wonderfully. Some people never move past
that, just dreaming. My question.Please tell us, specifically, what have you
done recently to improve how you live to help yourself? Example, Have you
join a chapter of the National Federation of the Blind? Have you signed up
for a Hadley course, that is mailed to you or by computer? Have you looked
into signing up at Hadley for a braille course? You have done good in
writing to the list, everyone has been so encouraging, now it is your turn
to do what everyone is suggesting. Take a class, go to a chat on Monday.
Read so books from the talking books library to build yourself up. Listening
to people who do not build you up only defests you. Please let us know what
you have done. As Mary ann said, we all can sit in a chair and wait or we
take the steps to do it. You should be getting training from your state
blind in helping you get there, from mobility training, home management, and
many more. If you are unaware of how to do this, please feel free to contact
me off list, email on the bottom or many of our rehab teachers here on this
list, they will help also. Only trying to help with my suggestions.

Terry K

Tknox6 at sc.rr.com