[Nfb-krafters-korner] cooking

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 12:44:53 UTC 2017

Dani, what is the group on free list?

Nella

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Dani Pagador via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 2:54 AM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Cc: Dani Pagador
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 4/19/17

Terry, there are two cooking lists for the blind that are great as far as
helping give advice and build confidence. One is an NFB-sponsored list, and
one is at freelists.org. I can send you both subscription addresses if you
want.

I've really only been cooking for seven years. Prior to that, I did stuff in
the kitchen, but not enough to call it cooking. My parents didn't _not let
me cook, but they didn't encourage it, either, and didn't know how to
include me or teach me what they knes. First husband liked his mama's
cooking, and his mama, and there was no room for me, so I left.

I learned to cook from the get-go of second marriage. David's been really
supportive, and eats both the snafus and the successes. He helps me learn
new cooking techniques, answers all the how-do-you questions, and is OK
about mistakes happening, and about needing to toss a dish if it really
sucks wind.

I think Henry is like that, too.

Your ability to use logic to problem-solve will definitely transfer to the
kitchen.

Best,
Dani, who apologizes for not changing subject lines ... I'll do better next
time, I promise :)

On 4/22/17, Henry Osborne via Nfb-krafters-korner