[Nfb-krafters-korner] just wondering about Weather Blankets

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 00:46:28 UTC 2017

This would work for knit or crochet and many projects, even this weather
blanket.

Gothru all your yarn and like most folks we hend to like to work with a
certain weight of yarn.  So start out with a ball of leftover yarn that you
know you will never use again as you need more to make something out of it &
there is too much to toss out.  Start winding this yarn loosely as you do
not want to stretch it out and you want the flexibility to stay in it.  When
you get to the end of the first left over you can tie a square knot with
another leftover and continue winding.  Keep going and if for instance you
use a lot of #4 yarn and you have some sock weight yarn or sports yarn hold
2 strands together and keep on winding until you have a good size ball of
yarn.  *** leave a couple of inches of yarn at the square knot to work in
while you are making whatever.

Continue on this way until you have emptied that box, bag, or whatever
leftovers of yarn.

Now it doesn't matter colors, but it does natter not to mix washable and
wools  and cottons.  There is a place and time to do those, but that is
another project...

Have you ever heard of a scrappy quilt???  Well this is a scrappy afghan.
As you knit or crochet you work those ends in while you go along and trim
any ends hanging out.

That is why my Grandma always had a pair of small scissors with a piece of
elastic pinned to a safety pin dangling on her lap.

Joyce