[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 8/9/17

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 04:35:31 UTC 2017

Cathy do you mean massage oils or essential oils?

Essential oils will come in very small glass bottles.  They are usually 1/2
ounce to 4 ounces and they're rather expensive.

Massage oils mostly come in larger plastic bottles.  A scented massage oil
will be a combination of a carrier oil, such as almond and an essential oil
like lavender.

I really like Mountain Rose Herbs for oils and dried herbs.  I believe their
website is www.mountainroseherbs.com

Young Living is also a very good company, but on the expensive side.

Brambleberry sells both essential and carrier oils.  They carry everything
to make your own soap, so might also sell soap.

Most natural food stores will have a good selection of essential and carrier
oils.  Many of them carry a brand called NOW, which I like and have used for
years.

If you are putting undiluted essential oils right on the skin be sure to
just try it in a very small place first.  The back of the hand is a good
place, people can have reactions.  Also some oils such as peppermint and
cinnamon can give a burning sensation because it is so concentrated.  All
that said I've gotten a lot of essential oils on me over the years and have
never had any issues.  I use rose and jasmine as perfume and put it on
without diluting.

Nella