[Nfb-krafters-korner] traveling with knitting

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 21:35:24 UTC 2017

Hi Nella,

When I had looked into the question as to whether a loom tool was allowed on
a plane I could not come up with a specific answer. I think the issue is how
long the point is on an object. For example, folding scissors are okay, but
not long scissors. So, I am assuming here that a loom tool is okay. What I
actually did when going on the plane with my loom, was to place the tool in
a plastic sandwich bag and then place that in the center of the loom and set
it into the bottom of the bag, followed by the yarn on top. When my bag was
scanned there was no problem. so I would give it a try.
But for your own peace of mind I would place a spare in your suitcase just
in case they take your tool, which I judge is unlikely.
Have a great day!!
Cathy F