[Nfb-krafters-korner] crafters twas the night before Christmas

jill rossiter jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 11 22:57:57 UTC 2017

'Twas the night before Christmas, and  all through the world

Not a creature was stirring, not even a squirrel;

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The crafters were nestled all snug in their beds;

While visions of crafting supplies danced in their heads;

While  Joyce was in her recliner, knitting a cap,the rest of us

Had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap,

When out in the yardn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tripped  over the crafting clutter and ran to the door in a  dash.

The moon was shining on the new-fallen snow,

Gave a bright lustre even though my vision was low,

When what to my wondering eyes did appear,

But a miniature sleigh and eight tiny rein-deer,

With a little old driver so lively and quick,

I thought to my self could that be len schlenk?

Then I thought again, No it had to be st. nick!

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:

"Now, knitter! now, loomer! now weaver and fixen!

On, quil it! on, knotted! on, sewer and quilting!

To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now stash away! craft away! Craft  away all!"

As squirrels with tomatoes and bloomers fly,

When they hang from a flag pole high in  the sky;

So up to the housetop the coursers they flew

With the sleigh full of yarn, and St. Nicholas too-

And then, in a minute, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I scratched my head, and was turning around,

Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all filthy with ashes and soot;

A bundle of crafts he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a crafter just opening his hobby lobby sack.

His eyes-how they twinkled! his dimples, how merry!

His cheeks were like roses, his nose looked like Terry!

His round  little mouth was drawn up like a pear,

And the beard on his chin was as white asHenry's hair;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,

And the smoke, it encircled his head like a wreath;

He had a broad face and a little round belly

That shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of Nella's jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a knod of his head

Soon gave me to knowI'd better get my tail in the bed.;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight-

"Happy Crafting to all, and to all a good night!"