[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 12/13/17

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 02:43:39 UTC 2017

HELLO Nella and all,

I do not like UFO's and I don't mean the kind from outer space. I mean those
half-finished objects that Dixie asked about. They make me feel very
uncomfortable, so when I realize that it does not appear that I will finish
a project any time in the near future, I usually will undo the project and
save the yarn for another time if, that is, it is savable.

but I had this one particular project that I just could not undo because I
had put so much work into it. A few years ago, Joyce taught a class on
felting. We were to knit or crochet up a number of squares and then felt
them and finally sew them together to make a bag. I made all of the squares
using 100% wool as directed. But then I realized I did not have the type of
washing machine where I could stop it from running and check on how much the
wool had been felted. Joyce suggested putting the squares in hot water and
using my hands to move the fabric around, but that did not appeal to me. I
also realized I didn't really need another bag. So for the next couple of
years the squares, sorted into three different bags by their colors, sat in
my closet. One day, I thought of the idea of sewing them together to make a
lap blanket. hmm, but I hate to sew. But, ah yes, my friend likes to sew! So
I asked her if she would sew the squares together for me and she kindly did
so. Finally, the project was out of the UFO category and I had a cozy lap
blanket.

Have a great day!!
Cathy F