[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 12/20/17

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:34:22 UTC 2017

We have a family tradition.  I am starting to carry on the tradition my
mother-in-law started.  She would make Christmas ornaments for each of her
children's and grandchildren's families, and then at Thanksgiving she would
place them all in a bowl in the middle of the dinning table at dessert time.

This year I made the mini-sweaters for those ornament gifts.

I also made 2 fisherman knit Christmas stockings for one of my former Girl
Scouts who got married.

She just sent me a photograph of the stockings hung by the fireplace in her
new home.

I have a rule about giving handmade Christmas gifts.  If it isn't completed
by Thanksgiving then it isn't a gift for this Christmas.  In the past I
spent too many nights stressing about completing something in time to get it
under the tree.

That takes all the enjoyment out of making the gift and makes it a burden.

No more!  I am going to enjoy my crafting and give the gift when it is
finished instead of finishing the gift to make it in time to give it.

Dixie

@-> + <-@