[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:00:51 UTC 2017

I do most of my knitting for various charities:  prayer shawls for church,
bears for craft show at church this year and for NFBI online auction.
covered cushions for craft shows; lots of gift bags and plastic bag
dispensers.  I make sweaters on request when I have time.  Of course I have
to take time out for daughter and grandkids every couple of years.  I don't
do much sewing any more, but taught Bluebirds to make skirts when my
daughter was in second grade.  The girls  did a great job. I keep thinking I
will piece some pillows for craft fair, but need to get my sewing machine
serviced.  I taught my granddaughters to make skirts, but they are too busy
for much more.   Just finished covering a foam pad for a basket to make a
dog bed for auction.  Trouble is finding enough time to do the things that
are wanted.  When the special Olympics were held in Boise, they asked for
knitted and crocheted scarves for all participants.  I made about nine, but
they got so many that they passed them to volunteers, as well.  I have made
a bunch of baby afghans for military families, bunches of hats for Joseph's
Closset which distributes warm clothing for homeless and poor.

My experience is that the more you take on, the more there is to do. So I
usually have a waiting list.  I shop yarn sales so try to have yarn on hand.
A friend shops yard sales for yarn.  Often very good prices.  Cheers!  Happy
crafting!
Ramona

Ramona