[Nfb-krafters-korner] Wednesday's question

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 02:10:37 UTC 2017

I had taken this felting class at my local yarn shop when it was in town and
I even got 2 of my friends to sign up for the class too.  They were having
it on a Saturday and all 3 of us needed to do it in the evening.  Well they
had the class.  What was so interesting about the class all of us made a
plain knitted tote bag on circular needles, but each one of us along with
the 100% wool added different textures, weights and colors of these
additional yarns along with 1 main color wool.  Some of us used ribbon yarn,
some used a textured polyester yarn, some used mohair, etc.  I used a medium
denim blue for my main color and you just knitted adding the other yarns in
to make kinda stripes.  I put a lot  of mohair on the top of the tote.  Then
we took them  home and had another get together at one of my friends' house
and washed and dried[felted the totes down.  It was really impressive
feeling how different they all came out and what the felting did to the
different yarns or fibers.  I found leather handles in Joann's that I got
for the tote.

We didn't dear tell our husbands how much this tote cost..Between paying for
the class and paying for the kneedles, yarns each tote ran between $150 and
$175.  So the yarn shop owner was happy.  In case you are wondering, no none
of us made another tote.

Joyce