[Nfb-krafters-korner] nightmare with circular knitting

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 14:56:00 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Thanks to those who replied to me about knitting in the round. I have
successfully knit the first row around the vest and finally got the stitches
straight. No twists! As they say, the third time is a charm.
Actually, what I decided to try on my own was to find the center of the
knitting in the cast on row and fold the needles so they were parallel. Then
I placed one hand on each needle and untwisted each until I came to the end
of the needles. Then I held the needles tightly while I knit the first
stitch to bring the knitting into a circle. I also must admit that I kept
checking my work, worried it may somehow still have been twisted.
So the difficult part is over. Now I can listen to a book or a podcast and
knit away without worry.

Have a great day!!
Cathy F