[Nfb-krafters-korner] chccvention

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 8 20:14:41 UTC 2017

. Hi,

Below is the schedule for Monday and Tuesday for any questions.  There are more sessions on Wednesday.  I believe the website is nfb.org/convention.  If not, you can get to it from their main website nfb.org.  Good luck.  I'll be attending from Tuesday thru Friday.  Enjoy.  For those who are going, hope to see you their.  TerryP., you may share my phone number with others who are going.

Annely

MONDAY, JULY 10, 2017

7:30 - 8:45 AM—AMATEUR RADIO DIVISION—EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
Suwannee 21, Level 2
Discuss convention frequencies, hotel architectural features, and distribution of special FM receivers for the hearing-impaired and Spanish-speaking attendees. Rachel Olivero (AD9O), President

7:30 AM - 4:45 PM—#HOWWESEEIT: A CONFERENCE FOR FAMILIES AND TEACHERS OF BLIND/VISUALLY IMPAIRED CHILDREN
Registration: Adults, $40; Two or more adults, $70; Children (to 18), free. Sponsored by NFB’s National Organization of Parents of Blind Children Division (NOPBC). Kim Cunningham, President.
Panzacola Ballroom F-1, Level 1
7:30-8:45 AM—Registration
9:00-10:45 AM—General Session
11:00 AM-12:15 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops, Session I
Essential 411: How to Optimize Your Convention Experience—Suwannee 18, Level 2
Tips, Tricks, and Tools for Success in Elementary School Math—Suwannee 19, Level 2
Stress Management for Parents—and Their Kids Too!—Suwannee 20, Level 2
A Parent’s Perspective on Raising a Blind Child with Autism—Suwannee 21, Level 2
11:00 AM-1:00 PM—NOPBC Hands-On Technology Workshop, Technology Basics in Five Steps or Less (Low-Tech Session)—Suwannee 13, Level 2
2:00-3:15 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops, Session II
Using Google Drive, Google Docs, and Other Google Products in the Classroom—Suwannee 18, Level 2
You Are Your Child’s First Teacher: Encouraging Play and Exploration in Early Childhood—Suwannee 19, Level 2
Tips, Tricks, and Tools for Surviving Higher Level Math—Suwannee 20, Level 2
It’s Recess Time: Encouraging Kids to Participate in Recess, Sports, and Other Social Activities—Suwannee 21, Level 2
2:00-4:00 PM—NOPBC Hands-On Technology Workshop, Technology Basics in Five Steps or Less (High-Tech Session)—Suwannee 13, Level 2

3:30-4:45 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops Session III
Remote Technology Instruction: What Is It, What Are Its Advantages, and How Can My Child Receive It?—Suwannee 18, Level 2
Orientation and Mobility for the Young Blind Child—Suwannee 19, Level 2
It Might Not Be a Braille Thing: Recognizing Possible Reading or Other Learning Disabilities in Blind Children—Suwannee 20, Level 2
Learning to Drive: Take Control of Getting From Place to Place When Driving Yourself Is Not an Option—Suwannee 21, Level 2

7:30 AM - 5:00 PM—CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN REHABILITATION AND EDUCATION FOR THE BLIND—SIXTEENTH ANNUAL REHABILITATION AND ORIENTATION & MOBILITY CONFERENCE
Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1
7:30-8:30 AM—Registration
8:30 AM—Conference begins
Registration Fees: Students, $75; Professionals, $85 before June 15
($100 after that date applies).
Sponsors: National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB) and the Professional Development & Research Institute on Blindness (PDRIB) at the Louisiana Tech University. Dr. Edward Bell, Chairperson

8:30 AM—CHILDCARE SERVICES (Preregistration by June 15 was required) Suwannee 14, 15, 16, and 17, Level 2
Please see “Convention Note 6” for further information.

8:30 - 11:30 AM—NEWEST JAWS FEATURES AND THE NEW FUSION RELEASE, JOINING ZOOMTEXT AND JAWS
Panzacola Ballroom H-3, Level 1
Join Eric Damery, JAWS Product Manager, as we discuss and demonstrate the recent JAWS 18 release. We will be covering updates on Google Docs and Office 365 work and discuss some of the new features coming in this year’s JAWS release. Also, learn more about what we’ve just released with ZoomText Fusion and how this solution will benefit users who have some vision, but want to take advantage of JAWS at the same time.

8:30 AM - 5:00 PM—JERNIGAN INSTITUTE TECHNOLOGY SEMINARS
Wekiwa 6, Level 2
8:30-8:45 AM—OrCam-Wearable OCR and More
8:45-10:00 AM—Cutting the Cord: Accessibly Watching TV without a Cable Subscription
10:30 AM-Noon—Microsoft Office 365-Reinventing “Everyday” Productivity
1:30-3:00 PM—Web Browsing in the 21st Century
3:30-5:00 PM—Refreshable Braille Rumble: An Overview of Braille Display Support across OSs and Screen Readers

9:00 AM - 12:00 PM—ADOBE SESSION I
Sebastian Ballroom I-3, Level 1
Join Adobe representatives at one of three sessions this week. Each session begins with a presentation on both accessibility and product updates at Adobe. Attendees will then have opportunities to provide feedback on our products. We will focus on Acrobat Reader for iOS and Android and Adobe Sign but will be happy to discuss any Adobe products.

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM—STEM HANDS-ON SEMINAR PLUS TUTORIALS
Suwannee 11, Level 2
Learn proficiency in math, data analysis, efficient graphics production, and how to perform chemistry experiments as a blind person. You too can be a successful blind scientist with a career! Individual tutoring sessions offered throughout the week. See John Gardner for details.

10:00 AM - 2:00 PM—NF-BE HEALTHY FAIR
Sebastian Ballroom J, Level 1
Join the NFB Sports & Recreation Division and WE Fit Wellness for a hands-on health and exercise experience. Learn about your health, donate blood, check out accessible activity trackers and other health devices, and try some fun activities like sword fighting, cardio drumming, goalball, and more.

11:00 AM - 12:15 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (Ages 11-18)
Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2
A Little Bit about Me

12:30 - 4:00 PM—JOB SEEKER SEMINAR
Sebastian Ballroom I-2, Level 1
Load up with ammunition for your job hunt! Expert advice and great ideas from NFB training centers, agencies, and employers. Includes breakouts and networking. Set your sights for the NFB National Job Fair. Sponsored by the NFB Employment Committee, Dick Davis, Chairperson.

1:00 - 3:00 PM—HANDS-ON ELBRAILLE SESSION, COME EXPERIENCE THE FIRST BRAILLE NOTETAKER RUNNING WIN 10 AND JAWS
Panzacola Ballroom H-3, Level 1
The most exciting new notetaker is on sale this year at the booth, with HOME USE PROGRAM pricing of 20 percent off. Bring your FOCUS 14 to this session, along with your JAWS serial number, and we’ll help you get your new unit all setup. Or just come by and give it a test drive and talk to the experts to learn all the details on both the 14 and 40 cell models.

1:00 - 4:00 PM—ADOBE SESSION II
Sebastian Ballroom I-3, Level 1

1:00 - 4:00 PM—SENIORS DIVISION SEMINAR—A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A NEWLY BLIND SENIOR ($5)
Wekiwa 4, Level 2
Join Diane McGeorge and the Senior Division to explore this all-important topic.  Learn about strategies that work and share your ideas; hands-on demos, discussion-paring tools, and useful techniques. Cost is $5 per person to support the division. Ruth Sager, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—CANINE WELLNESS AND ACCESS INS & OUTS
Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1
1:00 PM—Registration
2:00 PM—Presentations
A veterinarian will share information about maintaining optimal health throughout your dog’s life, including wellness, preventive care, grooming tips, and first aid. Also learn about the rights and responsibilities of both guide dog users and the businesses they frequent. Marion Gwizdala, President, National Association of Guide Dog Users Division

1:00 - 5:00 PM—HUMANWARE PRODUCT SHOWCASE AND USER GROUPS
Wekiwa 5, Level 2
1:00-3:00 PM—BrailleNote Touch: Come join us for a presentation of the world’s first Google-certified Braille tablet. Learn about the updates and enhancements to this innovative device along with what is yet to come this year.
3:00-4:00 PM—Victor Reader Stream: Come share your experiences with other Stream users and learn about something new and exciting coming to the Victor family.
4:00-5:00 PM—Innovations of the Future: An open forum for you to provide your technology ideas and offer feedback to our experts.

2:00 - 4:45 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (Ages 11-18)
Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2
Let’s Talk Tech and Social Media

3:00 - 8:30 PM—SPORTS & RECREATION WORKSHOPS
Panzacola Ballroom H-4, Level 1
3:00-4:30 PM and 5:00-6:30 PM—1Touch Self Defense Workshops ($10 per session): Come experience self-defense designed with blind people in mind!
7:00-8:30 PM—Essential Oils 101; Natural Solutions for Healthy Living: Come learn how essential oils offer natural solutions for weight management, stress, sleep, anxiety, depression, pain, sinuses, or allergy issues.
Sponsored by the Sports & Recreation Division,  Jessica Beecham, President.

3:00 - 6:00 PM—GOOGLE PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION
Wekiwa 3, Level 2
3:00 PM—Android Accessibility: Join Maya Ben Ari for an overview of Android accessibility and recent updates. Learn about the latest developments in TalkBack and the Android operating system.
3:45 PM—Google Home: Discover the many capabilities of Google Home, the eyes-free Google Assistant device designed to enhance your home environment. Speaker, Kiran Kaja
4:30 PM—G Suite Accessibility: Join Roger Benz to learn more about the latest accessibility improvements to G Suite apps, including Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Calendar, and more.

5:15 PM—Chromebook Accessibility: Join Laura Palmaro to learn about the accessibility features built into every Chromebook, and deep dive into the new ChromeVox screen reader.

5:00 - 7:00 PM—HISPANIC SEMINAR
Wekiwa 4, Level 2
Blindness is blindness, no matter what the language. Meet new and old friends; learn about Federation philosophy and the truth about blindness—in Spanish. Alpidio Rolón, Moderator

5:00 - 7:30 PM—MIX-AND-MINGLE RECEPTION FOR REHABILITATION PROFESSIONALS
Panzacola Ballroom H-2, Level 1

5:30 - 7:00 PM—NOPBC FAMILY HOSPITALITY
Panzacola Ballroom F-1, Level 1
Relax, snack, chat, meet new families and teachers, and connect with old friends. Veteran attendees will be on hand to welcome you and provide information. Free admission with 2017 NOPBC Conference name badge:
$15 per adult, $5 per child without badge. Pizza and lemonade will be served. Cosponsored by the National Organization of Professionals in Blindness Education, a Division of the NFB.

5:30 - 7:00 PM—NFB LIONS GROUP
Wekiwa 5, Level 2
Lions Clubs International has a primary goal to assist blind people and prevent blindness.  Lions need and are generally receptive to input from and involvement of blind people.  Featured speaker is Past International Director Robert Littlefield from Multiple District 5.  Lions and prospective Lions are welcome. Ramona Walhof and Milton Ota, Co-Chairpersons

6:00 - 10:00 PM—LIVING THE GUIDE DOG USER LIFE YOU WANT!
Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1
6:00 PM—Registration
7:00 PM—Presentations
Learn more about guide dogs in three consecutive sessions: Teaching the Guide Dog Team New Tricks, Harness Up: The Process of Getting a Guide Dog and Beyond, and Guide Dog Show and Tail. Marion Gwizdala, President, National Association of Guide Dog Users Division

6:00 - 8:30 PM—PROMOTION, EVALUATION, AND ADVANCEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY
Panzacola Ballroom H-3, Level 1
Hear exhibitors explain briefly what they are exhibiting and where they are located in the Exhibit Hall. Come explore ways to evaluate new products; everyone is welcome. Mark Jones, Chairperson

6:30 - 8:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (Ages 11-18)
Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2
To Be or Not To Be Blind: That is the Question

6:30 - 10:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND OFFICE PROFESSIONALS
Suwannee 19, Level 2
6:30 PM—Registration
Learn about assistive technology in the workplace, training opportunities, and any job announcements available. Lisa Hall, President

7:00 - 8:00 PM—AIRA - HOW IS TECHNOLOGY AND AUGMENTED REALITY DISRUPTING ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR THE BLIND?
Wekiwa 3, Level 2
Learn how Aira is ushering in an exciting new stage in assistive technology through the use of wearable smart glass devices and cutting-edge video and data streaming technologies to assist the blind in a wide range of daily activities. Augmented reality and artificial intelligence combine to render a new level of personal assistance.

7:00 - 8:00 PM—IMAGINATION FUND
Sebastian I-3, Level 1
Learn about the new text-to-give campaign along with the Imagination Fund Committee’s fundraising plans for the coming year. Everette Bacon, Chairperson

7:00 - 8:30 PM—LIVING HISTORY GROUP
Suwannee 20, Level 2
Dedicated to recording, preserving, and appreciating Federation history. Michael Freholm, Chairperson

8:00 - 9:00 PM—WHITE CANE AND AFFILIATE FINANCE COMMITTEE
Wekiwa 4, Level 2
Are there new and ingenious ways to collect money and spread the word about the NFB? I’m sure there are. Come and share your ideas on how to fund our movement. Alpidio Rolón, Chairperson

8:00 - 9:30 PM—ROOKIE ROUNDUP
Panzacola Ballroom G-1, Level 1
First-time convention attendees—don’t miss this event! President Riccobono and former rookies will be on hand to welcome you and answer questions about the week’s activities. Pam Allen, Director of the Louisiana Center for the Blind, President of the NFB of Louisiana, Chairperson and Vice President of the Board of Directors of the National Federation of the Blind

8:00 - 10:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (Ages 11-14)
Wekiwa 1, Level 2
It’s Cool to Be in Middle School

8:00 - 11:00 PM—NABS STUDENT NETWORKING
Wekiwa 7, Level 2
Drop in to the National Association of Blind Students (NABS) networking event to make some new friends or reconnect with old ones. Come chat with NABS members and leaders about our division or anything else that’s on your mind. Join us for some fun to kick off the convention week! Kathryn Webster, President

8:00 PM - Midnight—KARAOKE NIGHT♫♫ (Admission: $6)
Panzacola Ballroom F-3 and F-4, Level 1
Here’s your chance to sing like a rock star and help support BLIND, Inc. youth programs! Enjoy music, door prizes, and a cash bar as you learn about BLIND, Inc. Show us your talent! Hosted by BLIND, Incorporated.

9:00 - 10:00 PM—NFB AMBASSADORS COMMITTEE MEETING
Wekiwa 10, Level 2
Dan Burke, Chairperson

TUESDAY, JULY 11, 2017

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM—PREREGISTRATION PACKET PICKUP
Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM—REGISTRATION ($30) AND BANQUET TICKET
SALES ($65)
Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM—INDEPENDENCE MARKET
Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1
9:00 - 11:00 AM—SPONSOR-LEVEL EXHIBITORS PREVIEW
Sebastian Ballroom K and L, Level 1
The Exhibit Hall opens its doors and is dedicated solely to sponsor-level exhibitors. Come to say “thank you” to our sponsors and enjoy their interesting offers and demonstrations. Our exhibiting convention sponsors are:

Platinum:
Aira & AT&T; Google, Inc.; Microsoft; Oracle; OrCam; UPS; Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; VFO: Ai Squared/Freedom Scientific/Optelec

Gold:
Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP; iSenpai, LLC; JPMorgan Chase & Co.; Target; Uber Technologies, Inc.

Silver:
Amazon; Dropbox; HumanWare; Market Development Group, Inc.; Pearson; Sprint

Bronze:
Charter Communications; Facebook; National Industries for the Blind; VitalSource Technologies, LLC; Wells Fargo

White Cane:
BAUM (USA) Inc.; C&P - Chris Park Design; Disability Relations Group; Duxbury Systems, Inc; Educational Testing Service; Envision, Inc.; En-Vision America, Inc.; HIMS; iFactory; Lyft, Inc.; OHFA Tech, Inc.; Rosen Bien Galvan & Grunfeld, LLP; TRE Legal Practice

9:30 - 11:30 AM—NFB NATIONAL JOB FAIR
Panzacola Ballroom F-3 and F-4, Level 1
The job hunt begins. This job fair is different, because these employers want to hire blind people. Dress for success (we mean it), bring a polished résumé, and prepare to talk about yourself. Attend the Job Seeker and Upward Mobility Seminars first to prepare. Interview prep available. We had five Fortune 500 employers in 2016 and expect more in 2017. From 200 to 300 blind job seekers attend. Sponsored by the NFB Employment Committee, Dick Davis, Chairperson

11:00 AM - 5:00 PM—EXHIBIT HALL
Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1

1:00 - 2:30 PM—MASTER THE BASICS OF MANAGING YOUR MONEY
Wekiwa 10, Level 2
In this session, you’ll discover the benefits of using a financial institution, opening checking and savings accounts, and keeping good track of your money. Learn how to choose checking and savings accounts that are right for you; make purchases and pay bills with ATM cards, debit cards and checks; track and manage your transactions; and avoid or minimize fees. In addition, learn the basics of budgeting and gain access to tools to help you create a personal spending plan.

1:00 - 4:00 PM—ADOBE SESSION III
Sebastian Ballroom I-3, Level 1

1:00 - 4:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH STYLE SHOW
Wekiwa 8, Level 2
1:00-2:30 PM—Rehearsal
2:45 PM—Style Show Begins
Our young blind models and NFB stars strut their stuff on the runway. We extend a special invitation to our kids with additional disabilities. Come enjoy the fashions and music and support NOPBC. Tickets $5 at the door. Laura Bostick, First Vice President, NOPBC, and Kim Cunningham, President, NOPBC

1:00 - 4:00 PM—BLIND MUSICIANS GROUP
Suwannee 19, Level 2
Share tips and ideas, ask questions, and network with other blind musicians.  Parents are welcome. Linda Mentink, Chairperson

1:00 PM - 5:00 PM—DEAF-BLIND: STRENGTH IN NUMBERS CREATES CHANGE
Wekiwa 9, Level 2
Join our workshops designed to give unique solutions and create positive changes for those who live with a combined loss of hearing/sight: SSP services, air travel, communication cards related to safe travel, and employment accommodations. Sponsored by the NFB Deaf-Blind Division, Alice Eaddy, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—BLIND CANCER SURVIVORS SUPPORT GROUP
Suwannee 18, Level 2
Join us for a meet and greet, a panel discussion, and personal stories of strength and courage. Our group's purposes are to help all cancer survivors get well and stay well, to offer preventive measures, and to create a platform for cohesive dialogue and information dissemination. Isaiah Nelson, Coordinator

1:00 PM - 5:00 PM—AMAZON KINDLE AND DEVICE ACCESSIBILITY
Panzacola Ballroom F-1, Level 1
An exploration of recent updates to Kindle reading experiences, Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Alexa and more. Amazon will demonstrate improvements in screen reader support for Kindle on PC and their own screen reader VoiceView on Fire Tablets, as well as support for Braille reading on Fire Tablets, and unveil updates to Fire TV and the Alexa voice service.

1:00 PM - 6:00 PM—KNFB READER: THE COOL TOOL FOR WORK & SCHOOL
Wekiwa 7, Level 2
Witness the power of the fastest and most accurate print-reading app in person at our KNFB Reader demonstration. Enter a drawing to win a free copy of KNFB Reader while you try it for yourself firsthand. Now available for Windows 10 tablets, computers, and phones!

1:00 - 6:00 PM—NFB-NEWSLINE® DEMONSTRATION OPEN HOUSE
Wekiwa 7, Level 2
NFB-NEWSLINE’s four hundred publications, including sixty magazines, can help you become a part of your community’s conversation and live the life you want. Our NFB-NEWSLINE experts are here to answer your questions. Not a subscriber? We can sign you up on the spot!

1:00 - 8:30 PM—SPORTS & RECREATION DIVISION WORKSHOPS
Sebastian I-2 Ballroom, Level 1
1:00-2:30 PM—Traditional Japanese Sword Fighting
You saw it at the NF-BE Healthy Fair, now come get a more in-depth lesson in nonvisual techniques.
3:00-4:30 PM and 5:00-6:30 PM—1Touch Self Defense Workshops ($10 per session)
7:00-8:30 PM—Yoga and Mindfulness
Bring a matt or towel from your room and wind down with us during this yoga and mindfulness session! This is your chance to try out yoga with a descriptive instructor in a completely nonjudgmental space.
Sponsored by the Sports & Recreation Division, Jessica Beecham, President

1:00 - 8:30 PM—INSPIRING ARTISTS, BEGINNERS TO PROS
Panzacola Ballroom H-4, Level 1
1:00-5:00 PM—Drop-in Activities
5:00-7:00 PM—Art Exhibit
7:00-8:30 PM—Artist Panel Discussion
Experience tactile art as a creative way to gather and share information and ideas. Visitors are invited to explore sculptures and other tactile art forms on display. This open art room offers free tools and materials for sculpting and tactile drawing. Deborah Kent Stein and Ann Cunningham, Coordinators

1:00 PM—RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE
Sebastian Ballroom J, Level 1
Sharon Maneki, Chairperson

2:15 - 3:00 PM—DOES IT REALLY WORK? HEAR FROM AIRA USERS AND AGENTS AS THEY SHARE REAL WORLD AND CANDID EXPERIENCES
Wekiwa 3, Level 2
Hear directly from Aira users who will share how Aira is changing the game in assistive technology. Aira agents will also talk about their journey and the emotional and intense experiences that come from hundreds of daily sessions assisting the blind and visually impaired.

2:30 - 5:00 PM—PROFESSIONALS IN BLINDNESS EDUCATION
Wekiwa 5, Level 2
2:30 PM—Registration
3:00 PM—Meeting
All professionals working with students from birth through age twenty-one are welcome and encouraged to join our informative and interactive meeting. Come network and collaborate, sharing and learning with colleagues and future educators. Eric Guillory, President

3:00 - 4:00 PM—HANDS-ON PHOTO AND VIDEO WORKSHOP
Suwannee 20, Level 2
Join us for hands-on photo and video training. Learn what makes a good photo or video and how to get the most out of them. Bring whatever device you have for capturing photo and video. We’ll show you how you can use any tool to serve your photo and video needs. Stephanie Eller, Facilitator

3:00 - 4:30 PM—USING CREDIT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
Wekiwa 10, Level 2
Want to hear some good news? If you do a careful job of managing your money over time, understand how credit works, and use it wisely, you’ll gain the ability to borrow money when you need it. In this session, you’ll start at the beginning and learn the basics of credit, including information on credit scores, how to obtain and read a credit report, and how to establish a good credit history. In addition, you’ll learn how to use your credit to your advantage to help you achieve your goals and dreams. Attend this session to learn about the types of loans available, how to shop for, compare and choose a loan product, how to choose a lender, and how to protect yourself from risk.

4:00 - 5:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (Ages 11-18)
Wekiwa 1, Level 2
Mocktail Party

4:15 - 5:45 PM—TWENTIETH ANNUAL MOCK TRIAL (Admission: $5)
Panzacola Ballroom G-1, Level 1
Federation lawyers oppose each other to enact a case addressing the civil rights of blind people, and the audience serves as the jury. The subject matter is serious, but the courtroom portrayers are very entertaining. Scott LaBarre, President, National Association of Blind Lawyers

5:00 - 10:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND VETERANS RECEPTION AND MEETING
Panzacola Ballroom H-2, Level 1
5:00-7:00 PM—Veterans Reception with Food and Cash Bar
7:00-10:00 PM—Annual Meeting
All veterans and interested parties are invited to attend. Veterans' issues will be discussed, opening session Veterans Celebration assignments will be given including the Color Guard. Dues will be collected and biannual election of officers will be held. Dwight Sayer, President

5:30 - 7:00 PM—NFB AFFILIATE PRESIDENTS AND TREASURERS SEMINAR
Wekiwa 5, Level 2
All state affiliate presidents and treasurers are asked to attend this session. Topics will include state financials, state and federal filings, year-end preparations, and national fundraising programs. Participants can discuss state issues with facilitators Nick Lambright and Bridgid Burke.

5:30 - 8:00 PM—NOPBC FAMILY POOLSIDE SOCIAL
Join us for swimming and socialization. All family members are welcome. We will meet at the zero entry family pool! (Rain location in Wekiwa 2, Level 2)

6:00 - 10:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION TO PROMOTE THE USE OF BRAILLE
Wekiwa 9, Level 2
6:00 PM—Registration
Learn about Braille-related research, discuss current projects with vendors who produce Braille through hard copy and technology, UEB progress, and develop strategies for strengthening our division. Steve Booth, President

6:00 - 10:30 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND STUDENTS (NABS)
Panzacola Ballroom G-1, Level 1
6:00 PM—Registration ($5)
7:00 PM—Meeting begins promptly
Students, young professionals, parents, teachers, and anyone interested in learning about issues affecting blind students are welcome and encouraged to attend. It promises to be informative, engaging, and fun! Join our students from across the country to learn together and discuss general business of this flourishing division! Kathryn Webster, President

7:00 - 8:00 PM—AIRA & EMPLOYMENT: HOW AIRA COULD HELP YOU LAUNCH YOUR NEXT CAREER
Wekiwa 3, Level 2
If you’re looking for ways to expand your employment potential, this is the session for you! Join us as we talk about how Aira is working with employers, employees, and potential hires to bridge the hiring gap.

7:00 - 8:30 PM—PUBLIC EMPLOYEES DIVISION
Suwannee 19, Level 2
Come learn about issues facing employees of federal, state, and municipal government, as well as public schools and public utility commissions. Find out about government jobs and self-advocacy. Ivan Weich, President

7:00 - 9:00 PM—AFFILIATE PRESIDENTS NETWORKING SOCIAL
Sebastian Ballroom I-1, Level 1
Come together with current and past affiliate presidents to network and share experiences on leading an affiliate and what it means to be a Federation leader. Shawn Callaway, Coordinator

7:00 - 9:00 PM—KNFB READER LIAISON MEETING
Wekiwa 7, Level 2
All KNFB Reader Liaisons are requested to attend this meeting. We will be providing training, reviewing presentation materials, discussing target audiences, and answering questions. Please bring your device(s), your ideas, and your questions!

7:00 - 9:00 PM—LEGISLATIVE MEET UP
Wekiwa 6, Level 2
A recap of Washington Seminar, a run-down of priorities, and an opportunity for legislative directors to share with one another strategies to move our legislative priorities at the local, state, and federal levels. Gabe Cazares, Kimie Beverly, and Dylan Hedtler-Gaudette, NFB Government Affairs Team

7:30 - 9:00 PM—LIBRARY SERVICES COMMITTEE
Wekiwa 8, Level 2
Come and discuss what services there are and what they could be. Learn about new additions to the Library of Congress’s National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS) and other accessible book programs. David Hyde, Chairperson

7:30 - 9:30 PM—BLIND PARENTS GROUP
Wekiwa 4, Level 2
Blind parents share their experiences with child-raising issues, such as learning infant care, coping with printed homework assignments, finding print-Braille books, dealing with the public’s misconceptions, and more. Deborah Kent Stein, Chairperson

8:00 - 9:00 PM—JUDAISM MEETING
Suwannee 18, Level 2
David Stayer, Chairperson, NFB in Judaism Group

8:00 - 10:00 PM—MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE MEETING
Wekiwa 5, Level 2
You're invited! If you are interested in finding ways to discover potential members while keeping current members engaged and interested, this is the meeting for you! Sharing our best practices across the Federation will take our chapters, affiliates, and our national organization to the next level. Chairperson, Jeannie Massay

9:00 - 10:00 PM—SPANISH TRANSLATION COMMITTEE
Wekiwa 10, Level 2
We provide simultaneous translation into Spanish during the general sessions of the convention and lead other Spanish initiatives for the Federation. Please join us if you would like to help with this effort. Conchita Hernandez, Chairperson