[Nfb-krafters-korner] The Original 10 Stitch Blanket

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 21 22:38:34 UTC 2017

The original 10 Stitch Blanket was created by Frankie Brown.  The
downloadable accessible PDF is available free on Ravelry.  Here is what she
has to say about it.

This blanket can be knitted in the yarn and needles of your choice and is a
great way of using up odds and ends. My original blanket was knitted in Noro
Kureyon on 5.5mm / US size 9 needles. I used 14 balls of wool and the
blanket measures about 107 x 122 cm /
42 x 48".
This blanket was inspired by Elizabeth Zimmermann's baby blanket in The
Opinionated Knitter which is made up of wide L-shaped strips of garter
stitch sewn
together. I have used her technique for shaping the corners but have worked
one continuous strip, joining it as I go, to avoid the dreaded sewing up.
The
pattern looks far more complicated written down than it is to knit - honest!