[Nfb-krafters-korner] The Original 10 Stitch Blanket

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 23 12:53:56 UTC 2017

Hi Deb & All,

I agree with you that Revelry is not easy to use.  I frequently have to get
help from one of my knitting friends.  I reframe from reposting patterns
from Revelry to the list in respect of the creator, especially if I cannot
find their free pattern someplace else on the web.  For whatever reason, the
creator has made the choice for their pattern to only be available on
Ravelry, and I think it should be honored.  Of course, permission could be
requested from the pattern owner to whether we can post it to our list
serve.  We have to keep in mind that this list and everything that gets
posted here is not private.  The archives can be obtained through a web
search.  I would not want to promote the concept that Krafters Korner is a
place where we promote plagiarism.

I guess since I am on my soap box, I should bring up a topic that I've
mentioned in the past, probably a few years ago.  This is not being directed
towards anyone.  It is just a best practice that should  be up held by all.
So please, no one take offense.

When someone says that they are working on a pattern that they paid for, it
is inappropriate to ask for a copy, for yourself or to be posted to the
list.  We could get into the definition and intent of the Chafee Amendment,
which does grant those with print disabilities access to printed materials
converted into alternative formats, but in my opinion we are stretching
things a bit.  A number of patterns are already in an accessible format,
although there might be barriers in getting to them.  If the pattern is not
accessible, or if you need it in a different format such as a text or
braille coded file, or in large print, then for your personal needs you can
have the file converted.  The purpose of the Chafee Amendment is not
intended to provide free material, but rather to make purchased material
accessible without violating copyright.

HTH,
Annette