[Nfb-krafters-korner] 2 more recipes

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 01:00:16 UTC 2017

Deb Barns sent me a pasta salad and a potato salad recipe to share with the
group.  I haven't made this pasta salad, but it looks like the one my
Grandmother used to make.  It is very simple, but very good.

Here's what Deb has to say.

Pasta Salad

3 cups shell macaroni

1 egg

3 tbsp. mayonnaise

1 or tsp. mustard (depending on taste)

1 or 2 tsp. pickle relish

1 onion (size depends on taste)

A little butter (for when cooking pasta)

Garlic, pepper, etc.

Cook macaroni until done, adding a little butter if desired.

Cook egg; peel egg and chop to desired consistency.

After macaroni is done, drain and put in bowl with lid.

Add the onion to the macaroni and cover with lid; leave 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, add: egg, mayo, mustard, pickle relish, and stir well.

Refrigerate.

When ready to serve, can sprinkle a little pepper, garlic, etc. over top.
(to taste)

I've made double and triple for picnics and such.

You can also make potato salad by changing the pasta to potatoes as in:

Peel 6 large potatoes.

Chop into cubes.  Add a little salt.

Boil until done and then mash if needed.

Continue with rest of recipe, including add onion and let onion and potatoes
rest for 10 minutes covered.

Deb B.