[Nfb-krafters-korner] What Kind of Looms Do I Have?

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 18:41:55 UTC 2017

Hi Rhonda,

Terry has already explained about the round looms. You are correct that there are many other stitches you can use in loom knitting. I encourage you to take one of the loom knit classes coming up. The newborn cable hat is a good choice. We will be knitting,  purling and making a small cable. Hope to see you there!

Cathy

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 12:06 PM -0500, "Rhonda Selby-Scott via Nfb-krafters-korner" <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to figure out just like my subject line says, which set of looms I have, what they’re called. They are all round looms and in varying sizes, different amounts of pegs. I am sure someone will know just from that description. My mom and I have always made adult stocking caps on the bigger one using the same basic stitch of casting on by weaving the yarn in and out of each peg, then laying the yarn in front of the peg and lifting the loop on the peg up and over. But I have read that there are different stitches and lots of different patterns using these looms, that is if I have the ones talked about.

Thanks,
Rhonda