[Nfb-krafters-korner] Scarfie

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 22:45:53 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I have been working with Scarfie using a 1/2 inch gauge loom to make the
mitered square scalloped scarf and I thought I'd mention a couple of things.

The yarn is interesting in that when I run my fingers down the working yarn
I can feel two distinct textures. Mostly it feels like wool but in places
the yarn becomes fuzzy and softer than wool. One not so good thing about
this yarn is that I am finding that it tangles and knots fairly easily.

They say you can make an entire scarf with this yarn and it looks to me as
though this could easily be possible, though I don't know how wide of a
scarf they are using when saying this.

I would not recommend this yarn for loom knitting. My scarf is somewhat
lacier than I would like, but I know that if I double the strands it will
tangle and be a true mess. So I am continuing with the lacey look.

Have a great day!!
Cathy F