[Nfb-krafters-korner] want to know Wednesday

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 18:15:01 UTC 2017

My main bag for out-trips tends to be a small-to-medium-sized knapsack, though on Mondays for Chorale rehearsal, it’s an outright wheeled knapsack (finally decided I’m getting too old to heft all the stuff I bring there and carry for a sustained period—so now, all I have to do is lift it in and out of cars). In whatever knapsack I use, though, there’s always a large picket devoted mostly to craft stuff, because I can’t stand my hands having nothing to do—so, there’s always an at-home project (a beaded cotton crocheted vest, now, which will become my away-project once I finish the present one), and the away project is a fisherman sweater I wasn’t satisfied with after two wearing's and tore back up into yarn balls and am re-doing! I usually keep all my away stuff in a 2-gallon zip-style plastic bag, which also includes little things like folding scissors, tape measure;  markers, safety pins and tapestry needles are in an old prescription bottle in the bottom, too. I usually don’t put the Braille pattern in the zipped bag—it hangs out in the big knapsack pocket. So, I find that if I want to take out all my craft stuff, I don’t have to fish around for any of it, since it’s all consolidated in the 2-gallon bag; the bag also helps keep balls from rolling around accidentally on the floor. And, finally, I seldom get trash mixed in with the craft stuff. The only caveat is, if you’re around someone who needs to really concentrate on some activity, the plastic bag can sound a little rattly and distracting, so, for instance, when I know our choir dir wants to practice something on piano, I get all the rattling done before she starts—take out the things I foresee needing in the next few minutes so that I don’t have to go back and rattle the bag some more! If I’m going to an event for which I don’t need a bunch of other stuff, I can use the cloth knitting bag I got for Christmas. At home, I use either a “yarn barn,” or one of my zip-bags.

This is a fun conversation, and I’m excited to look at past entries and future ones to see what others have said. Thanks!
Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)