[Nfb-krafters-korner] Miniature Sweater Patterns Enclosed

Bernice 1948lighthouse at gmail.com
Sun May 7 14:27:12 UTC 2017

Thanks, so much.
Bernice and the sweet Octane.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Dani Pagador via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2017 9:45 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Dani Pagador <daniknits at gmail.com>
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Miniature Sweater Patterns Enclosed

Hi, Everyone.
I'd promised these patterns to Bernice, but thought I'd post to the
list in case anyone is getting ready for Christmas early. *Read: Not
me; I don't have an early bone in my body*

I got these from Paulette, who got them off the 'Net.

<snip>
Miniature Sweater Ornament
Skill Level: Beginner

Needs: 1 pair size 8 (5.00mm) needles
worsted weight yarn, any color or type

Instructions:
Cast on 12 stitches, leaving a long tail of about 6-8 inches. Work in
K1, P1 rib for 3 rows. Work in Stst for 8 rows. Increase 6 stitches,
work in pattern to end. Increase 6 stitches again. Work next 5 rows as
follows; 1. K1, P1, K20, P1, K1 2. P1, K1, P20, K1, P1 In next row,
work pattern for 9 stitches, cast off 6 stitches, finish in pattern to
end. Work pattern for 9 stitches, cast on 6 stitches, continue pattern
to end. Continue pattern as above for 6 rows. Cast off 6 stitches, in
pattern to end. Again cast off 6 stitches, and work to end. Work in
Stst for 8 rows. Work in K1, P1 rib for 3 rows. Cast off, leaving a
long tail of about 6-8 inches.

To finish, sew side sems using the tails from the cast on and cast off
edge. If you followed this pattern exactly, a tail will exist for each
side.

Miniature Raglan Sweater

This is my pattern for a 4 inch long mini top-down raglan sweater. It
makes a cute tree ornament, present topper, or would work well as a
"swatch" to give to someone for whom you plan to make a sweater in the
future. I'm giving them as teacher gifts this year. It takes me about
1.5 hours to knit one.

Materials: I used Lamb's Pride Worsted Weight Wool.

Guage: 5 st. per in. on US size 7 dpns

CO 14 st. and divide onto four dpns as follows. 2 st on the first one,
5 on the 2nd, 2 on the third and 5 on the fourth. The needles with 2
st are for the sleeves, and the others are for the body.

Join in the round and K 3 rows.

Next row: (on sleeve ndl) inc1, K2, inc 1(on body ndl) K1 (seamline
st), inc 1, K3, inc 1, K1 (seamline st) (on next sleeve ndl) inc 1,
K2, inc 1 (on next body ndl) K1, inc 1, K3, inc 1, K1

Following row: K 1 row

Repeat the previous two rows, (inc 1 on either side of sleeve st, and
within the seamline st on the body ndls, followed by a k row) until
you have 13 st on each body ndl and 10 on each sleeve ndl. End with a
K only row.

Slip one st from either end of body st onto sleeve ndls. St are now
divided up as follows: 8 on first ndl, 15 on second, 8 on third and 15
on fourth.

Place the sleeve ndl st on holders (safety pins work well)

Slip some body st (on two ndls) onto a third dpn and knit around these
three ndls to desired length of sweater (approx. 13 rows) Cast off.

Pick up three st from underarm on third dpn.

K around 6 rows

In 7th row, dec 1 under arm

K 3 more rows

in 11th row dec 1 more

K 2 more rows, cast off.

Repeat for other sleeve.

Create a loop to hang it, or use miniature hangers. Stripes work great!

Copyright 2002 Name:Heather

Miniature Sweater Ornament With Five Variations

Materials

Worsted weight yarn
Size #5 or #6 needles

Instructions

Cast on 14 sts.
Purl 1 row.
Knit 4 rows K1, P1 ribbing.
Knit 14 rows stockinette stitch.
Cast on 8 sts, K across. (start of sleeve)
Cast on 8 sts, P across.
Knit 6 rows stockinette stitch.
K10, bind off 10 sts, K10. (start of neck opening)
P10, cast on 10 sts, P10.
Knit 6 rows stockinette stitch.
Bind off 8 sts, K across. (end of sleeve)
Bind off 8 sts, P across.
Knit 14 rows stockinette stitch.
Knit 4 rows K1, P1 ribbing.
Bind off 14 sts.

When making the sleeve, I knitted (garter stitch) the first 3 and last
3 stitches on all rows.

Finishing

Sew side and sleeve seams. On one side, leave a longer piece of yarn
so that you can slide the yarn thru the sleeve and out the neck to
make a little "ball of yarn" to dangle. Secure the ball and use a pair
of colored toothpicks stuck in the ball to resemble knitting needles.

Following are some patterns other than stockinette that work well for
the body of the sweater. (I made the sleeves stockinette.) Remember,
when working uneven number of stitches, the ribbing sequence is
different than with an even number. Also, I bound off for the neck
opening 1/3 of the number of
stitches--
using the beaded rib pattern, the neck opening row would read: K11,
bind off 11, K11.

* 1, Beaded Rib

Cast on 17 stitches (number of stitches divisible by 5 plus 2)

1st row: P2, *K1, P1, K1, P2*
2nd row: K2, *P3, K2*

* 2, Moss stitch Rib (also called Broken Rib or Mistake Rib)

Cast on 15 stitches (number of stitches divisible by 4 plus 3)

1st row: K3, *P1, K3*
2nd row: K1, *P1, K3, repeat from * to last 2 sts, P1, K1.

* 3, Eyelet Rib

Cast on 15 stitches (number of stitches divisible by 3)

1st row: P1, *yo, K1, yo, P2* , repeat from *, ending last repeat P1
2nd row: K1, *P3, K2, repeat from *, ending last repeat K1 (instead of
K2) 3rd row: P1, *K3, P2, repeat from *, ending last repeat P1
(instead of P2) 4th row: K1, *P3tog, K2, repeat from *, ending last
repeat K1 (instead of
K2)

* 4, Baby Cable Rib

Cast on 14 stitches (number of stitches divisible by 4 plus 2)

1st row: K2, *P2, K2*
2nd row: P2, *K2, P2*
3rd row: K2, *P2, K2*
4th row: P2, *K2tog and leave both sts on left needle. Place right
needle tip between the 2 sts knitted tog and into the first st (of the
2 sts knitted
tog) from front to back and knit in the usual way and slip both sts
off the left needle, P2, repeat from * to end.

Sounds difficult but its easier to do than to describe!

* 5, Seed Stitch

Cast on even number of stitches

Row 1: K1, P1 across.
Row 2: P1, K1 across.

I made a sweater, body and sleeves, using Seed Stitch.
I also knit them in baby yarn with #2 needles without the toothpicks.

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT SWEATER

This is a tree ornament that looks like a sweater with a garter stitch
Christmas tree on the front.
The sweater has the tree colored with fabric crayons (optional)

Materials:  about 25 oz worsted weight wool.  Size 6 needles, crochet
hook, and a small amount of extra yarn in a contrasting color.
Sweater ornament finishes about 5 inches long.

Gauge is not really important, but I was probably knitting 5.5
stitches/inch (22 stitches to 10 cm).

Instructions:
Cast on 17 stitches.  Work K1, P1 ribbing for 6
rows, ending on the wrong side.  Keep the edge stitches in garter
stitch. Work 8 rows stockinette stitch.  Last row on wrong side. Begin
seed stitch tree:  Row 1-- K7, p3, k7. Row 2 and all even rows:  Purl
across. Row 3:  K7, p3, k7. Row 5:  K4, p9, k4. Row 7:  K5, p7, k5.
Row 9:  K6, p5, k6. Row 11:  K7, p3, K7. Row 13:  K8, p1, K8. Work two
more rows in stockinette stitch.  At the end of the second row, cast
on 9 stitches for one sleeve.  Turn work and work first 4 stitches in
garter stitch for the cuff.  Work rem stitches in stockinette.  At end
of row, cast on 9 stitches for the other sleeve.  Turn work, and work
first and last four stitches of every following row in garter stitch,
remainder in stockinette.  Knit about 3 or 4 rows, ending on the wrong
side.

Make buttonhole for neck opening:  Knit 9 (sleeve), knit 6 (shoulder),
cast off 5, knit 6, knit 9.
Next row,  K4, p5 (sleeve), p6
(shoulder), cast on 5, p6, p5, k4.

Work another 3 or 4 rows, to match the front of the sleeve.  Cast off
the sleeve stitches, then work the sweater back to match the sweater
front, omitting the tree.

Finishing:  Fold the sweater, wrong sides together, and mattress-stich
the sides and sleeves.  Pick up about 11 stitches around the neckline,
and work K1, P1 ribbing back and forth for about an inch (if you're
really ambitious, feel free to do this on DPNs).  Seam the neckline so
that the seam falls to the outside, and fold the neckband over for a
turtleneck.  Add a hanging cord, and place lovingly on your tree or on
a package for a special person.

Knitted Sweater And Hat Christmas Ornaments

 Materials:
1 skein white Mary Maxim Sportweight Yarn
1 skein red Mary Maxim Sportweight Yarn
8 miniature Wire Hangers
One pair double pointed knitting needles
size 7 (American), 7 (Canadian), 4.50 (Metric).

TO SAVE TIME, TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE
Gauge: 9 sts and 14 rows to 2" [5 cm] measured over Stockinette stitch
using suggested needles or any size needles which will give the
correct stitch gauge or tension.

Abbreviations:
K, knit; p, purl; sts, stitches; St st; Stockinette stitch; rep,
repeat; beg, begin or beginning; ", inches;, cm, centimeters.

Sweater:
Using 2 needles and white cast on 12 sts.
Knit 5 rows.

Row 6: Purl.

Work 8 rows in St st-one row k, one row p.

Row 15:   Cast on 8 sts at beg of next row for sleeve, k to end.

Row 16: Cast on 8 sts at beg of next row for other sleeve, p to end.

Continue in St st, until work measures 3¼" [8 cm] from beg, ending
after a p row.

Next Row: P 11 sts, place next 6 sts on a st holder for neck, cast on
6 sts and p to end.

Continue in St st until work measures 5¼" [13.5 cm].

Cast off 8 sts at beg of next 2 rows, then continue in St st until
work measures 7" [18 cm] from beg.

Work in garter st for 4 rows. Cast off.

Neck:
 Knit 6 sts on first st holder, pick up and k 2 sts on right neck
edge, pick up and k 6 sts on back neck, pick up and k 2 sts from left
neck edge.

Work in k 1, p 1 rib for 3 rows. Cast off.

Sew side and sleeve seams.
Stitch red snowflake on front of sweater as
indicated.

Hat:
Using 2 needles and red, cast on 14 sts.
 Work in k 1, p 1 ribbing for 4 rows.

Change to St st and work until hat measures 2" [5 cm] from beg. Cast off.

Run a gathering thread through cast off sts and pull tightly. Sew back seam.

Pompom: Wrap white yarn around 2 fingers about 20 times. Tie a short
piece of white yarn tightly around center of loops. Cut loops and trim
pompom as desired.

Make 3 more hats and sweaters the same.

Make 4 more sets having a red sweater and pompom and a white hat and
snowflake. Hang each sweater on a hanger and tack hat on sweater as
desired.

Copyright by Mary Maxim
<end>

Enjoy,