[Nfb-krafters-korner] Craft Ideas Wanted

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri May 12 22:07:20 UTC 2017

Hi Courtney,

What about making clocks.  You can buy kits with the hands and the movement
mechanism.  You can use the center of the CD to secure the hands and such,
and then decorate the edge with lace, knitted or crocheted fabric, the clay
called floam, etc.  If you are not familiar with floam, it is a very pliable
clay that air dries to a very light weight solid and can be painted, marked
with markers  or  left plain.  This clay was popular when my daughter was
young, so I do not know if it is still available.  You could cover the
surface of the CD with fabric, a thin sheet of foam cut to the size of the
CD or any shape you want,  or glue glitter, sand, gems, small stones, etc to
the surface of the CD.  Whether you put print, braille or some other
indicator for the numbers is up to you.  Attach a hook on the back or maybe
use one of those wire stands or hangers for decorative plates.

HTH,
Annette