[Nfb-krafters-korner] want to know Wednesday questions

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:26:14 UTC 2017

Hello to all:

I've hesitated to say anything on the list about this week's fiasco with the
Want To Know Wednesday question.  Now that I've had a little time to get
over being shocked and hurt I would like to say a few things.

First of all I would like to apologize for not rewording the question to
make it a little more clear.  No matter what some people may think, I do not
think there is anything wrong with asking about how long a person has been
blind or what their first craft was.  This a list for blind crafters and we
are here to discuss how we craft with vision loss.  I know I've learned a
lot from people sharing their stories and explaining how they have
accomplished tasks as a blind person.

If people are not comfortable sharing, they are not being forced to do so.
People are at liberty to say as little or as much as they please.  As far as
giving out personal information, I still don't quite understand that
thought.  We all need to realize that any time we post something on the
internet we are giving people some degree of access to our information.
There is very little privacy in today's world, posting on a list serve is
probably the least of concerns when it comes to privacy issues.

Someone voiced concerns about my ability to select questions from the
members because I said all questions have been chosen.  First of all that is
not entirely true; I did ask one person to rewrite her question.  I've been
posting the guidelines for the questions when I post Want To Know Wednesday
and everyone has been doing a great job of following them.

I was asked to take on Want To Know Wednesday to stimulate conversation on
the list and I think the questions have accomplished that.  I was given no
guidelines or rules, just asked to do it.  I've enjoyed thinking of the
questions and I'm very excited about the members submitting questions.  It's
not easy to think of a new question every week, so all suggestions are
greatly appreciated.  I'm not sure I want to continue with this project; I'm
not even sure there is a need anymore.

I hope we are all able to forget this unfortunate incidence and get back to
crafting.

Nella