[Nfb-krafters-korner] resources from Monday night chat

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 13:54:43 UTC 2017

Hello to all:

I want to thank everyone that attended chat last night.  We had an excellent
turn out and presentation.

Barbara Pierce invited me to share her contact information with the list.
She says she is happy to share any of her recipes with us.  She is also
available if you have questions about hosting or other social dilemmas.

Her email address is:

Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com

Below is information on two etiquette books that I found to be very helpful.

"Excuse me, but I was next-- ": how to handle the top 100 manners dilemmas
DB69993

Post, Peggy. Reading time: 5 hours, 43 minutes.

Read by J. Michael McCullough.

Social Sciences

Manners columnist presents common etiquette problems and advice on dealing
with them. Covers breakup basics, playdate rules, handicapped-parking
issues, fitness-center habits, work situations, sympathy notes, wedding
dilemmas, partying politics, and gift giving. Provides quick retorts to ten
nosy questions and discusses respectfully disagreeing with one's teenager.
2006.

Download "Excuse me, but I was next-- ": how to handle the top 100 manners
dilemmas

Table manners: how to behave in the modern world and why bother DB87228

Tower, Jeremiah. Reading time: 2 hours, 15 minutes.

Read by Jeremiah Tower.

Social Sciences

Guide to manners for people of all ages and all occasions. Provides advice
on norms of etiquette when acting as a host or guest and appropriate attire
for a wide range of venues. Covers food allergies, RSVPs, cell phones, and
more. Unrated. Commercial audiobook. 2016.

Download Table manners: how to behave in the modern world and why bother\

There are several more etiquette books on BARD if any of you are interested.
I'm sure there are some on Book Share as well, but have never looked.

Nella