[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 11/08/17

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] terry.powers at nih.gov
Wed Nov 8 21:49:04 UTC 2017

Very good, Tanya!
Henry's and my church knitting group, make hats, and  scarves for the homeless.  We also make blanket strips or squares and someone in the group puts them together, for the men, coming back from military duty.  We also make blankets for the newly baptized in our perish.
Before I got a job, I used to sourt the talking books, for my library.  I help my NFB chapter with fund raisers like selling candy and nuts.  One year, I discovered a Red Cross hat drive box in our cafeteria.  I brought in a few hats to contribute.
Near the beginning of Krafters Korner, I wrote a book on plastic canvas, for Verizons for the Blind.
I do blindness related demos on Take Your Child to work day and  help with Combined Federal Campain.

When our church makes those fleece blankets, I just might try it!

Terry P.