[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting machine

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sat Nov 11 03:15:20 UTC 2017

Cathy, I happen to know there is a machine knitter in Columbus. She is super
experienced. That is a way to get training also, is find an experienced
machine knitter in your area. You want to look examine, the things made.
Call the shops and see who is around you. If they hook you up with someone,
like I said look at what they made and how they have their machine set up.
Molly, I think the gal in Columbus makes on her knitting machine dog
sweaters, baby blankets with the name of the baby and patterns in the
blankets she makes. She is way beyond me. She has a motor and knows how to
set her machine and leaves the machine to do the work, while she does other
things. She is sighted but has a few totally blind friends. I know she would
not be afraid to teach you. Yes, I know you do not live near Columbus. I am
talking in general that there are other ways than just one. There is also
going to where the teacher is for a few days and take copious notes and lots
of hands on experience.

Angelika lives in Independence MO. Maybe people have friends in Independent
they can stay with for a day or three and learn from this fabulous lady.
There are machine knitters in Ca, in WA, in MO, in OH, and I am sure on the
east coast.

Becky