[Nfb-krafters-korner] Lost the e-mail

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Thu Nov 30 19:12:11 UTC 2017

Sending this again.  I hope it goes through this time.  Not sure what is going on with my e-mail.

I was trying to respond to an e-mail that Nella responded to.  Not even sure how long ago that was, or what happened to the darn e-mail I already started.  Nella had said that there was a day for everything.

Last year, I came across this great website that lists all the National Food Days!

I found this fun website today. It has a list of all the National Food Holidays broken down by each month.   https://foodimentary.com/today-in-national-food-holidays/todayinfoodhistorycalenderfoodnjanuary/    (The list is text so I think JAWS should be able to read it.)  At the top of the document, each month is listed.  Click on the Month to get that months list to come up.

After finding this page, I sent it around to the staff and we each signed up with a partner to host a day each month.  In November, "National Apple Cider" day was hosted.  In December we will have two special days.   We will be indulging in bagels and chocolate covered anything!  I am SOOOOO looking forward to chocolate covered anything.  Well, unless it is something gross like ants or cockroaches.  I'll keep you posted.

Oh and by the way, I helped host National Popcorn Day in January of 2017.  It was very yummy!!!

Cindy Zimmer, CVRCB
Client Services Counselor
NCBVI (Lincoln)
4600 Valley Road, Suite 100