[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fall: Pecan Pie Recipe

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Mon Oct 2 15:57:53 UTC 2017

Fall reminds me of Pecan Pie!

My grandma has passed, but her recipe for Pecan Pie lives on.

I won Grand Champion at the Lancaster County Fair with my Grandma's Pecan Pie Recipe.  Enjoy!!

Grandma's Pecan Pie

1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup oleo
1 cup light Karo syrup
1/4 t. salt
3 beaten eggs
1 Cup chopped Pecans
1 t. vanilla
1 pie crust of your choice

Place sugar and oleo in bowl to combine.  Add Karo Syrup and mix well.  Add in the remainder of the ingredients.  Pour in pie shell.  Bake 350 for 1 hour.

Chef statement:  My grandmother is 80 years old and her health isn't what it used to be.  I learned to make her Pecan Pie to keep our family tradition going of having Pecan Pie during family holiday dinners. Our family loves her Pecan Pie.  Yours will too!

Cindy Zimmer