[Nfb-krafters-korner] Memories of Autumn

Deborah Barnes misslady0971 at att.net
Tue Oct 3 04:57:53 UTC 2017

Autumn is my favorite season of the year.  I like it because the air begins
to cool; I used to be able to smell good things cooking; and there are all
sorts of reason why I like it.

Some of my most cherished memories are entertwined:

First, I remember a few years when we did actually go on hayrides when my
son was small.  It was so much fun bedding down in that hay and bouncing
around through the pasture and onto the road!  And we had cookouts, roasted
marshmallows, sing alongs, fireside stories, etc.  It was loads of fun!

I also love autumn when the leaves are raked.  My husband used to rake the
leaves and our son would jump into them.  I just loved watching all that.
We'd make sure there were no sticks and such in there before we'd let him
jump.  <g<

And I love all the things we want to eat in autumn:  pumpkin-pecan bread,
beef stew, all the Thanksgiving dishes, casseroles, fun desserts-like apple
crisps, muffins, chiles, etc.

I just love autumn!

Another thing I love about autumn is that football comes back!  It gives me
time to sit and knit!  As long as the game is on, I have a great excuse to
sit there and knit!  When it's autumn, I start to want to make things like
cold-weather items:  sweaters, hats, mittens, gloves, afghans,
slippers/socks, anything that will keep me and others warm!

I wish autumn could last longer.  I'm always sad when it goes away, and the
only thing that cheers me is knowing it'll be back next year.  <g<

Deb B.