[Nfb-krafters-korner] Important Ten Years

Terry tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Wed Oct 11 15:56:20 UTC 2017

I have received a question from a member that I would like to respond to
online. The question; Why are we doing this? I am answering for myself here
but in being on this list 9 years I have the idea and have others feel the
same as I do. Let me start that I have paid my membership dues for 9 years,
for maybe 5 of the 9 it was $10 then $20 so you all can figure out what it
has cost to just belong. I have really enjoyed the teachers and all I have
learned for this cost, so let me start by saying this is not a complaint
message but an answer message. I time I have done about everything here and
others have done more. I know other places I have belongs to and there has
been rewards from time to time for things done from small things to funds
for larger things done. For everyone that has been here a long period of
time you will understand what I am saying. This 10 years is a Reward for our
member, teachers and the Board that have worked very hard keep all this
going. I feel this year should be a celebration for all of us, this is a
onetime thing and how wonderful to have lasted 10 years. Krafters needs to
take this year to pull out all the holds and really appreciate our President
and all that are working now and in the past to give the list all the things
we have had. I am doing my best this year to really reach out to everyone,
present members, past members and new members to keep this going as we do
not know the future and how much longer we will have people to step up and
take these responsibilities. We have had Christmas parties before on a
shoestring, let's make it different this year. If you feel we are doing too
much, giving too much please share it. I have agreed to my office until July
of 2018 and if you as the member feel I am stepping above what you would
like to see done, please express it at the Membership Meeting next Sunday,
October 15 and I will stop doing this and go back to the old ways. We as a
group will continue to collect and store membership dues and not use it
except for postage and things we need to keep going or for awarding money
funds for convention to those attending, which is a good thing. I believe we
use our funds to grow and bring more in to enjoy crafting more. So, I am
posting this to give everyone time to think about this for this coming
Sunday, I am not that far along not to stop and go back to the old things if
that is what you want. So I believe I am asking to hear from some of you
about what we are doing this year. I can only speak for myself in saying
there has to be a time of work and rewards and this is the year, if you
disagree I will stop and just go back to what it was. To go on and
appreciate the ones that have been doing this for 10 years, they need to be
rewarded for all things they have done and have not received anything to
know they have not done it with nothing appreciated. I can give you all so
many Christian Bible verses but will keep it on the crafting level, but I
need to hear what you all think, this is your Krafter and your treasury,
Stop or Go, I need to know this is something you all agree with or stop. I
respect what you as the members feel and await hearing your responses.

Terry Knox

Membership Chairperson

First Vice President Krafters Korner