[Nfb-krafters-korner] Committee Reports

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Sun Oct 15 19:32:05 UTC 2017

I'm resending these reports. I've also included Jill & Terry K  in the
recipients.

The contents are below & I've also attached a copy.

Courtney

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Committee Reports
October 15, 2017

10th Anniversary
Meeting started at 4:05pm (EST)  on October 1, 2017.
There were nine people in attendance.
President, Joyce explained that she wanted this committee to be the ones
that pull activities and events together throughout the remainder of the
2017-2018 NFBKK year to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the group.  The
celebration will be concluded at the NFB/KK Division meeting at national
convention.
Cindy Z. shared the acceptance of articles related to nfb/kk in the Braille
Monitor.
Below is a list of some of the suggestions shared:
*Create an Anniversary page on the nfb/kk web site
*Record interviews with Joyce
*Record interviews with Officers and Board members
*Interview the newest member
*Have these recordings available on our web site
 *Have each committee sponsor a portion of the Christmas party & provide a
small gift
*Have a YouTube channel.  We could create audio files describing specific
crochet stitches (for example) Offer written directions to go with them
*Sell thumb drives with a Division Cookbook and craft ideas and directions.
Next meeting is scheduled for October 29, 2017 at 5:00pm (EST)
Contest Committee
The Contest Committee has met twice to discuss ideas for prizes, contests &
to organize tasks for the Treasure Hunt. As of this report, our August
winner was Cathy Flesher & our September winner was Tammy Freitag. The
monthly contests have been planned thru the month of January & we have
members who have stepped up to sponsor prizes for these months. The
committee will meet again in January to discuss monthly contest themes for
the remainder of the contest year. Tammy has created three web pages that
have all the contest information listed.  Courtney has created a spreadsheet
where she is keeping track of all points. Deborah is responsible for sending
out weekly reminders concerning monthly contest information.Three people
have agreed to assist in sending out donation letters requesting donations
for prizes.

Monday Night Chat
This committee met to discuss & plan out chats for the remainder of the
year. Nella has scheduled several guest speakers, as well as, organized
chats around topics that have been requested by our members. All Monday
nights are full thru December 18 & January is starting to fill up quickly.
The committee will meet again after the holiday season to discuss ideas for
future months. Jill & Deborah were asked to assist Nella in seeking out
someone to host a chat on spinning your own fiber.

Website
There have been several changes within this committee. There has been two
resignations and three additions of web assistants. Many of the pages are
being reformatted for easier navigation by screen readers. Theresa & Nella
are teaming up to begin writing articles for our Featured Articles page, we
are looking to get the Blog started back up & the Resource page has gotten a
complete overhaul. We hope to have that page live soon. Cathy plans to have
a Monday night chat scheduled to walk people thru the new pages &new
features.