[Nfb-krafters-korner] answers to Want To Know Wednesday lace questions

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 06:30:49 UTC 2017

Hello to all:

I think Cathy stumped a lot of us with her questions about lace.  However,
we've all learned something new and that is always a good thing.

Cathy, thank you for some good questions and stimulating informative
discussions.

Here are the answers she shared with me.

What is the difference between needle lace and bobbin lace?

Answer:  Needle lace is made with a needle and a single thread while bobbin
lace is made with a needle and multiple threads.

Name six kinds of lace.

Answer: cutwork, ape lace, knotted lace, crocheted lace, knitted lace, and
chemical lace.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm wondering about ape lace and
chemical lace.  I guess this is a good time to call upon my good friend
google.

I hope some of the rest of you will submit questions for Wednesday; remember
you will get 25 points if your question is selected.  The questions must be
craft related and if they have a specific answer you must provide that too.

Please send your questions to jellybeanfarm at gmail.com

Nella