[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: learn more about national teddy bear day

Bernice 1948lighthouse at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 17:04:51 UTC 2017

Hi Jody,

No, he wasn't named after Chirchill.  Here is what google says.

The "Winnie" part of the name came from a visit to the London Zoo, where
Milne saw a black bear who had been named after the city of Winnipeg,
Canada. ... Well, originally Pooh was a swan, a different character
entirely.

Bernice and the sweet Octane.  I wonder who named him?  Probably someone
from an oil company donated money.