[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fishing line

Terry Powers terrypowers59 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:56:37 UTC 2017

Hi Terry;

I belive, when Laurie Porter was teaching beading, we used Bead a Lon,
thread.  This is made for beads with a small hole.  Your project will be to
flimsy, if you use thread.
Beading wire is measured by its thickness, called gage.  The higher the
number, the thinner the wirer.

For beads with a small hole, you will need 24 or 26 gage wire.
Pony beads, I would try   20 gage wire.  You want to be able to bend the
wire with your  hands.  When we did safety  pin beading, we used 16 or 18
gage wire.  We had to use pliers to bend the wire.
If you use lanyard hooks and key rings, make sure you match your wire and
hooks and key rings.

Hope this helps.

Terry P.