[Nfb-krafters-korner] one last apple recipe, Dawn's Caramel Spice Poke Cake

Jan Bailey jb021951 at charter.net
Tue Sep 19 02:39:16 UTC 2017

I’ll have to have a party before I make this cake. I think I would
substitute Kool whip for the whipped cream.

Dawn’s Caramel Spice Poke Cake

Serves: 9 x 13 cake

Ingredients

1 box Spice Cake Mix plus ingredients required

14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

2 cups heavy cream

1½ cups heavy cream

¼ cup confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup caramel sauce

½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Instructions

Bake spice cake according to package instructions. Allow to cool and poke
holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour sweetened
condensed milk over the top of the cake, filling the holes. In a large bowl
or stand mixer, beat heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until
soft peaks form. Spread over the top of the cake. Pour the caramel sauce
over the top of the cake and use a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to
swirl into the whipped cream. Top with nuts.

Notes: Because of the whipped cream topping, this cake should be consumed
shortly after frosting or stored in the fridge.

Source: Spend with Pennies