[Nfb-krafters-korner] Curious about the Cricket Machine

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Wed Apr 18 22:45:33 UTC 2018

Sharon,
That depends on which machine you have.  There is one for sure that can run by itself without a computer.  That one has cartridges that you insert in the machine and it will cut designs that are on that cartridge.  It does have a program that you can use on the computer with it, but you do not need to.  The computer programs make it more versatile.

I have the above mentioned machine, but I recently purchased a newer version that does use the computer and a specific program called Cricuit Design Space.   It does not need cartridges but my old cartridges I can use in this new machine too.  I honestly have not tried to use Cricuit Design Space with JAWS or any other screen reader.

The machines have little blades that cut the design for you.  You can set it up to cut several at a time or just one.  You can insert a pen or marker and it will draw shapes or designs for you too.

I do not know if you can draw your own design.  I think you could if you had a scanner to scan the creation and saved it as a SVG file.  That is to advance for me yet.

I'm still learning and having fun.  Seeing what works and what doesn't.

Cindy Z.

Cindy Zimmer, CVRCB
Client Services Counselor
NCBVI (Lincoln)