[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Loom Knit Cables Scarf link now works

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 17:08:58 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Sorry for any inconvenience. The link is now working.

I am so glad there is interest in this class. I am eager to order my yarn
and start the project, so I will be able to teach it in October. I plan to
use Bernat chunky yarn in a solid light shade. I read that this yarn has
good stitch definition despite being a bulky weight yarn and this is what we
need for this project.

Thanks to those who chimed in to help Cathy with knowing what a cable needle
is like. mine is J-shaped, but the needles also come in a U or V shape. Any
of these shapes are fine. the V and U shaped needles are good in that there
is less likelihood that the stitches will inadvertently slip off of the
needle. The advantage of the J shaped needle is that you know for certain
which is your first and which is your last stitch, when you need to slip
them back off of the needle. This is important to know so your stitches do
not get twisted. Of course we want a twist to create the cable, but only one
twist. <smile>

Also Cathy, I thought I'd mention that the item you are describing that
looks like a large safety pin is called a stitch holder. You normally use
this when making garments, for example when you place the armhole stitches
onto the holder while continuing to make the body of a sweater.

Happy shopping!

Make this a wonderful day!

Cathy F