[NFB-Krafters-Korner] A question for you sewers

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu Dec 6 20:31:28 UTC 2018

I know I am usually asked the sewing questions, but I am a bit baffled by
what I have been reading and thought to bring the questions out to you all
for some opinions and answers.

On a fabric list -postings for fabric sales-, there has been a lot of "for
sale" for cut fabric 4 inch squares in holiday fabric.  I am saying like a
144 -1  grossof cut squares 4" or 3 1/2" in size.  I am finding it hard to
think what people would be doing with these fairly small squares?  I can
imagine if they were 10" squares for people looking for a variety of holiday
fabrics to use for applique or scrapbooking or making ornaments, but the
size they are cutting to sell would be for creating blocks that when putting
several together could make larger blocks like 8, 12, etc.blocks.  I
personally think sewing these small squares together to make a quilt would
not be worth my time to create a project that might be displayed for such a
short time during a year and spend the time to make it.  Actually, I would
consider doing it using the strip quilt method which would not take that
long to make it.

So what would you do with hundreds of 3 or 3 1/2" squares of holiday fabric?

Joyce

PS Maybe find solid Christmas  color squares to go with it?!?