[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Invisible cast-on

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Dec 10 16:07:44 UTC 2018

There are a few invisible cast-ons, but the one I use is the figure-eight.
Tie a slip-knot near the end of your yarn.
Put the loop on one needle.
Hold the 2 needles parallel and close together, as close as you can and
still slip the yarn between.
Bring the yarn around the other needle, through between the needles, and
around the other needle, back between, ...
You're making figure-eights, with the yarn crossing between the 2 needles.
It doesn't matter which way you go around the 2 needles, so long as you're
consistent.
Tracy