[NFB-Krafters-Korner] upcoming class, Shannon Irish Fisherman's Afghan

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 22:51:54 UTC 2018

Class name, Shannon Irish Fisherman's Afghan

Instructor,  <mailto:bernice.j.bird at gmail.com> Bernice B

Craft type, needle knitting

Class format, telephone

Class dates, February 19, 26, and March 5 and 12.

Class time, 8 p.m. Eastern

Sign up deadline, February 12

Class description:

If you like a bit of a challenge you will like Fisherman knit afghans. There
are basically 3 patterns within this design. I have made some changes so it
can be knit in strips instead of 48 squares. You can choose the length and
width you want. It could be a lapgan, single or double bed size or a couch
throw. When I first made this pattern, I used up 3 shades of blue, yellow,
brown and burnt orange from my stash. My Mom was around to crochet the
squares together, but now I do it in strips since I don't like sewing
together very much.

Skills needed:

Know how to knit, pearl, cast on, bind off. I will teach the trinity,
bobble, twist, right twist, and left twist, and cable front and back
stitches. My plan is to teach the individual stitches  and let you practice
each before beginning the afghan.

Supply list:

Supply list:

*	Size 10 knitting needles, length at least 12 inches
*	48 ounces of worsted yarn for afghan 52 inches by 68 inches
*	tapestry needle

 <http://www.krafterskorner.org/students> Sign up here!

Have a wonderful day!

Cathy F