[Nfb-krafters-korner] Stitch counting

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Feb 4 15:24:54 UTC 2018

I read about the stitch counting app, but I won't be using it.  My method is
to put stitch markers every few pattern repeats, and a different marker for
the end of row in circular knitting.  The pattern I'm currently working has
multiples of 10, so I've put a marker every 20 stitches.  That way, if I get
off somewhere, it's obvious quickly, and I don't have to go too far back to
get back on track.

When I need to count rows, I use my faithful old Cranmer abacus.  If I
didn't have an abacus, I'd probably do something like putting pennies in a
dish, or some such idea.

Tracy