[Nfb-krafters-korner] Gloves for crafters?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Feb 11 15:19:40 UTC 2018

I have chronic tendonitis in my right wrist from my job as a computer programmer.  I can only knit for maybe an hour or so before I have to rest my hand for at least another hour or so.  Lately, I knit for maybe a half hour, rest a bit, then knit some more.
Remember that everything is connected.  Pain in the wrist often comes from tension in the neck and shoulders, so gentle stretches of the neck and shoulders can help a lot.  Also pay attention to your posture, and how you are holding your arm and hand, and see if there are some changes you could make.  For instance, I used to pinch my loops a lot to pick them up, but it was hurting my wrist, so I figured out how to get the job done with just the needle, which is much more efficient.  Or perhaps there's a better way to hold the needle--just consider what you do and think if it could be done differently.
I learned to listen to my body.  If it's saying something hurts, then it's time to stop doing that thing for a bit, and/or to analyze exactly what I'm doing and why it hurts.  Trying to power through pain is not really wise.
Tracy