[Nfb-krafters-korner] clarifying Questions about crocheting

Melanie melaniepeskoe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 17:25:52 UTC 2018

Hi Sharon,
A slip knot and slip stitch are two different things. A slip knot is the
loop you make to start your crochet project. A slip stitch is a nearly
invisible stitch that you can use to either join rounds in crochet or you
can use it to get from one place in a row to another place in the same row
without making a taller stitch and increasing the height of the project. To
make a double crochet into a chain first yarn over (wrap the hook around
your working yarn). Next, insert your hook in the fourth chain from your
hook and pull the hook through the chain. You now have four loops on your
hook. Yarn over again and pull the working yarn through the first two loops
on the hook. You now have two loops remaining on the hook. Yarn over one
more time and pull through the last two loops. You've just completed a
double crochet. The first three chains that you skipped created a mock
double crochet and the one that you just completed counts as your second DC
in the row. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can clarify anything
or help further.
Sincerely,
Melanie