[Nfb-krafters-korner] growing stevia, was Question about garden mats

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:33:02 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have done a bit of research and learned that stevia is a plant that grows
between 16 and 24 inches tall. So be sure to get a pot that can handle that
sized plant. I have found the self-watering pots helpful, particularly with
hanging plants. If you hang the plants rather than place them on the hot
surface of the patio the plant would get less heat. I do not recommend a
plastic mat because you want the plant to drain well otherwise the roots
will rot. you want to keep the soil constantly damp, but not soaking wet.
I like the idea Tracy had about blocking the sun from the plant for part of
the afternoon. if your plant is hanging that might be a bit tricky. But the
watering is most important.

Have a great day!!
Cathy F