[Nfb-krafters-korner] teaching a class, to Amy

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 23:19:44 UTC 2018

Hi Amy,

Here is info from our class proposal page on our website concerning teaching
a class on Krafters Korner. I will be happy to teach the class along with
you if that would be of help. I do know how to read patterns and could jump
in and help clarify and otherwise assist you. this was the way I myself
learned to teach a class and gain confidence teaching.

Let me know if this would work for you.
Here is the info.

Hello to all teachers,

If you are considering or have decided to teach a class on Krafters Korner
you may find the information below helpful.

If you have a craft project in mind and are uncertain if folks would be
interested in learning it, you might want to post on the list to get some
feedback before deciding to teach a class. However, normally, say for a
well-known craft class idea, the first step is to contact Joyce privately to
share your idea for the project you were considering teaching, along with
whether you were interested in teaching an email or phone class. If a phone
class, you would want to let Joyce know what day of the week and time you
would be willing to offer the class. In addition, it is helpful for her to
know how many sessions you think you will need for the class. If it is an
email class, you may have to wait until an opening is available, since there
are only so many email classes that can run simultaneously.

Once you and Joyce have agreed on a date and time, go to this webpage and
fill out the class proposal form found below this message. It is good to
look at what information you will need to provide beforehand to make certain
you have all your ducks in a row.

It is also important to be aware that there are separate class proposal
forms for phone and email classes.

Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email from the website
confirming that your proposal has been accepted. As soon as your class has
been posted to our website, you will receive another  email letting you know
that your class is up on the class's page and ready for sign up.

It is at this time that you can begin chatting up your class on our
listserv.

More information about phone classes.

About a week before a phone class you will be sent an important email. This
email will contain basic information about the class, dates and times, as
well as a specific phone number and access code, which you will be using for
the conference call during the class. Below this information will be a list
of all the students in your class, including names, emails and phone
numbers. The reason you are given this information is that you will now need
to contact each of your students via email to send them a welcome message
containing the basic information about the class including date, time, and
phone number. Be certain not to send the class list to your students. This
is private information for only you as instructor.

On rare occasions, you may need to cancel a class. If this happens you can
post a message to the Krafters korner list, send emails to your students, or
even call them to let them know that you have had to cancel the class. Of
course, the sooner you can contact folks the better.

More information about email classes

A week before your class is to begin you will receive a list of the students
who have signed up to take your class. David Andrews will also receive this
list and will create a special email list for your class.

On the date set for an email class, you will receive an email letting you
know that the email list for your specific class has been created. You and
All members of your class are subscribed to this special list. What you need
to do next is to send a welcome message to the special list for your class
and say hello to all of your students. It is a good idea to ask all students
to check in to ensure that everyone is subscribed to the list and receiving
emails. When everyone has checked in you are ready to write your first
lesson post. If a student contacts you to let you know that they signed up
to take your class but are not receiving emails, please send Joyce and David
the person's name and email address so they can be added to the list.

Good luck and enjoy your teaching experience on Krafters Korner. Our members
greatly appreciate your willingness to help others to learn a craft or make
something they have never made before.

Have a great day!!
Cathy F