[Nfb-krafters-korner] Simple knitted hat

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:54:42 UTC 2018

Interesting pattern.  I'll try it.
Ramona

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Tracy Carcione via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 11:02 AM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists' <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Tracy Carcione <carcione at access.net>
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Simple knitted hat

Here's my hat pattern.  It can be varied a lot.  With worsted yarn, size 6 needles, 90 stitches makes a hat that can stretch from 15 inches all the way up to 22 (though it's a tight 22).  I like to knit it with multi-color yarn, so it's not so plain.
Cast on, say, 90 stitches (or however big you want it to be, but must be a multiple of 4).
Join, being careful not to twist.
Knit 3, purl 1, until the hat is 9 inches tall.
Crown:
1:  K2 tog all around.
2:  K1 P1 all around.
Repeat these 2 rows until you only have about 10 stitches, or less, left.  Thread yarn through remaining loops and pull tight.  Weave in the end well so it doesn't come loose.
Poof, a hat!

As you can tell, my directions are a bit wild and woolly.
I prefer to knit in the round, but it can be knitted flat, then seamed.
Tracy