[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 1/24/18

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 15:04:14 UTC 2018

You guys who are so good at researching on the internet might want to do
some work on the evolution of dyes and styles.  I believe  that Elias Howe
invented the sewing machine and that was a major step in the industrial
revolution.  Then Singer took a big step forward in manufacturing sewing
machines.  There is some very interesting stuff on the development of dyes,
but I don't have enough details to be of much use.

Knitting machines also have quite a story that I don't know.  A friend went
to a knitting factory in Turkey where quite a number of blind women were
employed.  Sadly, Not many knitting machines are made for home use any more.

Ramona