[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 1/24/18

Terry Powers terrypowers59 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 02:48:00 UTC 2018

Plastic canvas is done on a plastic grid.  The grid is measured in inches.
To determine what size of canvas you are using, you have a number and the
word count.  This means 7 count canvas has 7 squares, per inch.  16 count
canvas, has 16 squares, per inch, making the holes much smaller and a lot
harder for a blind person to work with.
10 count canvas is used most often.
I have found worsted weight yearn to work fine and if I want to use thinner
yarn, using a double strand, can be done.  Cord can also be used to give the
project tecture.
Accessories used with plastic canvas can be, lanyard hooks, key rings, lace,
yarn, cord, sizzors and a size 16 or 18 metal tapestry needle.
It is a craft that you can be creative with.  You can write words, make doll
furnature, make ornaments, cleanex boxes and much, much more.

Terry Powers