[Nfb-krafters-korner] a blast from the past

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 02:55:35 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I was looking back at some of my very old email messages still on my gmail
server. That is how I know I joined KK in October of 2011. Anyhow, I thought
folks might be interested to know that our very first email class was begun
on March 5, 2012 and was taught by yours truly. It was a class to learn how
to latch hook.

I saw some chatting about latch hook a month or so ago on this list, and
thought maybe I could teach another class. if folks wanted. The most
difficult problems my students had with my first class was getting someone
to identify the colors of the yarn which were all mixed up together when
purchased. That problem could be solved by having a class where we purchase
pre-cut yarn in packages of a single color. We can use two or three
different colors or even choose to purchase yarn in different lengths. Some
ideas are to make a striped or checkerboard rug.

I could easily create some basic pictures such as a Christmas tree or a
starry sky.

I have made a number of braille pictures for our greeting cards and creating
the pictures for latch hook would work the same way.

Let me know your thoughts and ideas.

Make this a wonderful day!

Cathy F