[Nfb-krafters-korner] IMPORTANT message

Cindy S slerythema at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 02:44:03 UTC 2018

Terry K,

If you get this, double check your home owners insurance or if you happen to have a separate electrical line policy. They often will cover a new computer when you have a line surge (lighting hitting the house). Since you are blind, you could petition them to include the JAWS upgrade as you cannot use the computer without it and because any new computer has the new operating system it prevents you from using the old version of JAWS.

There is a guy I know the blind sell list that can get you a nice computer for a couple of hundred dollars (yes, I do realize that even that amount can be prohibitive at times or for some people's income). Let me know if you would like his information.

Cindy